|The 3ivx Store - FAQ
- I downloaded the 3ivx HLS Media Player for Windows 8, where can I find out more?
- I purchased a license for the 3ivx Software from the 3ivx Store but the software download fails.
- I purchased a license for the 3ivx Software from the 3ivx Store, where can I get the software?
- Where is my License Information?
- How do I register my copy of 3ivx?
- I forgot the password to go with my 3ivx ID.
- I am worried that my credit card information is not secure.
- Why wont you accept my credit card?
- Does the 3ivx Encoder include a decoder?
- Is there an Educational Discount?
- Is there a Discount for Charities?
- It doesn't work! Can I get a refund?
- What about version updates and upgrades?
I downloaded the 3ivx HLS Media Player for Windows 8, where can I find out more?
Check out the 3ivx HLS Media Player Support page.
I purchased a license for the 3ivx Software from the 3ivx Store but the software download fails.
Some applications (such as Reget and other download speed enhancers) interfere with the security of the 3ivx Store. You will have to disable them to successfully download the 3ivx Software.
I purchased a license for the 3ivx Software from the 3ivx Store, where can I get the software?
You can download the software here. To login please use your 3ivx ID (which is usually a current or recent e-mail address) and its associated password.
Where is my License Information?
You can view your License Information here. To login please use your 3ivx ID (which is usually a current or recent e-mail address) and its associated password. You will need to type or copy and paste these details into the corresponding fields in the 3ivx License Manager, then click 'Add License'.
How do I register my copy of 3ivx?
You can view a step-by-step guide to registering your copy of 3ivx for Mac OSX and for Windows.
I forgot the password to go with my 3ivx ID.
You can recover your password on this page using your 3ivx ID.
I am worried that my credit card information is not secure.
We work together with WorldPay and PayPal to facilitate credit card payments at our online store.
WorldPay is part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th largest banking group in the world. The WorldPay payment system uses a combination of both established and innovative techniques to ensure the security and integrity of all sensitive data. More information is available at
Why are you not accepting my credit card?
There are many reasons for a failed credit card transaction. Your card may have expired or reached its limit or a credit card computer either on our end or your bank's end may have encountered a machine error or restriction. If you do have problems, you can contact us. Please provide any error message numbers you may have received, as well as the order number from the shopping cart and your 3ivx Store Username.
Does the 3ivx Encoder include a decoder?
Yes. The 3ivx Plus and Pro Encoder include both Decoder and Encoder functionalities.
Is there an Educational Discount?
Yes. Educational Institutions receive a 20% discount on our Pro products. For more information, please contact us.
Is there a Discount for Charities?
Yes. Charities receive a 50% discount on our Pro products. For an organization to be a charity it must be a non-profit organization who's sole or dominant purpose is charitable.
Charitable purposes are:
- the relief of poverty or sickness or the needs of the aged
- the advancement of education
- the advancement of religion, and
- other purposes beneficial to the community.
For more information, please contact us.
It doesn't work! Can I get a refund?
There is a fully featured, Free 30-Day Trial version of 3ivx available here. Please take the software for a test drive before you purchase, as our refund policy, show in the 3ivx Store, is that refunds will only be granted for technical fault.
In exceptional circumstances refunds will be granted at the sole discretion of 3ivx Management. If you believe your request for a refund is exceptional please contact us and provide details of your situation.
What about version updates and upgrades?
- “Update” a version of the 3ivx-Software that incorporates bug fixes or modifications to maintain the functions, capabilities, and performance of the 3ivx-Software, but which may not contain any additional functionality.
- “Upgrade” means a version of the 3ivx-Software that incorporates new features or functions for which 3ivx charges a separate license fee, and which is designated by 3ivx as an upgrade or a new release.
3ivx Update Policy allows all minor updates to the version you purchased to be provided to you free for download from Your Download Area. We also provide the first major upgrade free to our customers, as well as any minor updates to that version. The second major upgrade, if accepted by a 3ivx user, will incur an Upgrade Fee.
Minor updates are usually denoted by an increment in the third digit of the version number and major upgrades are show in the first or second place holders. For example 5.0 was a major upgrade from 4.5.1, whilst 5.0.4 is a minor update to the 5.0 upgrade.
So, in practical terms, if you purchased 3ivx D4 4.5, then you would have recieved complimentary updates to 4.5.2 for free, and the upgrade to 3ivx MPEG-4 5.0 for free, as well as any minor updates that will be made to 5.0, such as the recent 5.0.4 update. The next major upgrade, likely to be version 6.0 later this year would incur an Upgrade Fee.